A Multi-Billion Dollar Industry
According to the International Reciprocal Trade Association (IRTA) estimates just in the U.S., over 470,000 companies actively participate in barter for a total of over $12 billion in annual sales. Over 65% of the corporations listed in the New York Stock Exchange are presently using Barter to reduce surplus inventory and bolster sales and to ensure that production facilities run at near capacity. The U.S. Department of Commerce estimates that 20 to 25% of world trade is now barter, and corporate barter is now a 20 billion dollar industry. Barter continues to carve out an important place in the U.S. and world economy.
How does barter work with a trade exchange?
A BBU Trade Consultant works with you to bring your company new sales and increased market share, to move available inventory and to minimize cash outlay for everyday business expenses. Clients of an exchange use trade dollars, instead of cash, to handle their transactions. Barter Business Unlimited provides you with an alternate distribution network. You can charge retail value for goods and services in trade dollars, instead of selling them for reduced rates in cash or having them go unsold. An exchange acts as a third-party record keeper, providing clients with monthly statements that reflect all trade purchases and sales and show the current trade-dollar balance.
What are the benefits of trading?
How do we market your business?
- Our trade brokers phone member businesses that regularly purchase your products or services and facilitate an introduction. Our brokers become part of your sales force.
- We place your ads in our monthly newsletters — free of charge. Newsletters are direct mailed to thousands of businesses.
- We send daily emails where we sell your products and promote your services.
- We place your specials on our weekly Hot Fax. This is a great way to move inventory quickly or fill a vacant seat at an event.
- We provide a free listing in our membership directory.
- We produce trade shows for member businesses where they can display what their company has to offer.
- We host informational gatherings where members can Network.
- We distribute your flyers and brochures through our direct mail program to member businesses.
- We provide regional and national exposure to businesses looking to expand their horizons. We do this through the “Barter Banc” and “Uiversal Currency” which is nationwide.
- We connect your web page to our active member shopping mall on the World Wide Web.